Antique & Classic Vehicle Show
Two and four wheeled gas powered passenger vehicles were first seen in Hanover early in the 20th century. Early tractors and small engines provided a more efficient way to farm, a way to turn a washing machine, generate electricity or push a boat down the Crow River.
Today, these vehicles are an integral part of everyday life, but there are fewer and fewer examples of these early vehicles and engines that powered America's agricultural and industrial revolution.
For 2013, we are again partnering with the Hanover Historical Society and O'Reilly Auto Parts to host the 3rd Annual Antique & Classic Vehicle Show!
The Show will be taking place between 8:00am and 3:00pm in a NEW LOCATION at the currently vacant lot on the corner of 5th St. and CR 19 (just North of the Fire Station).
Young kids - and grown up kids alike - are invited to work your way over to the corner lot at some point during the day to take a look at some of the fine collector vehicles owned by local citizens from Hanover and the immediate surrounding area.
Space is limited, and entries will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
NEW THIS YEAR - TROPHIES - kindly sponsored by O'Reilly Auto Parts in St. Micheal.
Judging takes place throughout the day, and the winners will be awarded with their trophies at 2:00pm based on these categories:
- BEST OF SHOW - Any type of exhibit, judged by the Harvest Festival Board
- 1st - 5th Place for BEST ANTIQUE OR CLASSIC CAR OR TRUCK - Judged by fellow exhibitors
- 1st Place & Runner Up for BEST EXHIBIT (for anything that is NOT a car or truck).
We are also allowing for parts swaps, and we will assist you with setting up your swap area if you need more space than your vehicle takes up. There is NO ADDITIONAL COST for parts swap vendors.
If you will not be exhibiting a car or motorcycle at the event, you can still participate in the parts swap activities by using the event registration form and paying the $10 registration fee.
Click this photo for a glimpse of the 2011 / 2012 Car Shows!
-- Additional Important Information for Car & Motorcycle Exhibitors --
- The deadline for pre-registration is the start of the event - 8:00am on Saturday, August 3rd - which guarantees you a spot at the event.
- Drive-Up registrations WILL BE accepted, but only if there is still room left in the lot.
- There is a $10 registration fee, which guarantees your spot in the parking lot.
- If you would like to drive your vehicle in the parade, the $10 parade registration fee will be waived.
- You may participate in the Parts Swap Meet adjacent to the exhibit area for free - we ask that you try to limit your parts swap setup to one 10' x 10' space if at all possible.
- You will receive a Goodie Bag of information, coupons and commemorative items.
NOTE: THIS HAS CHANGED - there will be some giveaways, but we have decided to offer each exhibitor a commemorative T-Shirt this year.
- With your registration, you have an opportunity to join the Hanover Historical Society at a reduced rate of $10 for the first year.
Use this interactive map to find your way to the show!